Feb 23, 2005

Riddim.ca

I've been working on something kind of big. Now it's ready to go and I'm back to tell you about it. It's a Canadian Grime / Dubstep portal and web community called Riddim.ca. It has been pointed out that a site like this might be considered a cart-prior-to-horse proposition. Quite right. However, I'm hoping that the site can help things along a little bit - get people connected to each other and help spread the word. So please drop by and take part if you're so inclined. Below I've pasted the launch blurb I put up at Dissensus. 30 visitors and two signups in the first hour is pretty good, I figure.

This doesn't mean I won't be coming around here anymore though. In fact I've been having the urge to post again after my extended lapse. I'll be finishing up the Darkside epic and moving into some new things for the spring and summer.

--- posted at http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=883:

I'm happy to announce the launch of Riddim.ca - Canada's first Grime / Dubstep portal and web community.

On the site you'll find news, event listings, articles, interviews, reviews, audio downloads and other stuff. Of course, there's a discussion forum too. I decided to start the site after seeing how the Australian site Southern Steppa has become a locus for the down under cru. The purpose is to give Canadian Grime and Dubstep fans a place to meet, make connections and help each other build a larger scene.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised with myself for having gone right ahead and done this. But I've become a big fan of the music and I figured I could put my server space and tech knowledge to use, and try to help the scene grow in North America. We'll see what happens. Hopefully, as more people get involved, the site will take on a life of its own.

Helping out from the get go is Dissensus regular / Ghetto Postage blogger / Riddim.ca Co-Admin Captain Easychord. I'm also very pleased to announce that Nick Gutterbreakz has agreed to lend his writing talents from time-to-time.

Canadian (and northern-state American) Grime and Dubstep fans:
Please drop in, become a member and help the scene grow. You will be able to post news, articles, review and take part in the discussion forums.

Riddim.ca will also be promoting events across the country. If you're having an event you can advertise it on the site and put a Riddim.ca logo on your flyers.

People in UK the scene:
Logan, Plasticman, appleblim and anyone else who's lurking here - If you'd like to use Riddim.ca to help promote your work or other artists in North America, please come by the site and get in touch.

Interviews would be great too.

Grime bloggers:
It's largely through you lot (Luka, Simon SD, WOEBOT, bliss, Fiddy, Blacksoundboy, .......) that many of us folks from foreign were first exposed to these sounds. It would be great if you stopped by from time to time. And if anyone's willing, I'd really like to interview some of you as well.

So, that's it. Please visit and start making it your own. Enjoy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home